You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-09 12:25:56

stonedz
Website

Maintainer's top 5 wishlist

Hello,

no, I don't want to buy a plasma TV to Arch's developers big_smile , but I really would like to help as a part of the community. I would like to know, from developers as title says, what are the most urgent things a user can do for Arch. You may want to make subcategories (developers, normal user, designer etc etc), or not. In this way I, and hopefully others,  will know what to focus on.

I hope this is not duplicate of some other post, I searched on the fora but didn't find anithing.

Thank you.

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." L.T.

#2 2006-09-09 15:04:05

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Maintainer's top 5 wishlist

Its a good topic for a post. I'll point you here for starters
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … light=devs

but this thread is good for other suggestions, especially ranking in the top 5 idea. One thing you can do to start with is wikify the contents of my post their, as dibble suggested, since I never got around to it. :-)

Dusty

#3 2006-09-09 15:15:58

iBertus

If material things make you happier to give than helping code or building packages, you could always donate $$$ to Arch Linux. I think the link is on the mainpage. The funds go to help pay the server bills and keep Judd from living under a bridge -- both good causes.

#4 2006-09-09 15:35:45

stonedz
Website

Yes, I've already donate a small amount of money to Arch development, what I would like to see here is a list of things that me, or other users, may perform in order to help arch to get even better. The list, if found to be useful, may be updated at a regular basis, monthly for example. I think that this will encourage those who are interested to partecipate more to arch's development, in the spirit of this great community.

@Dusty: The post you linked was a good read, even if a little bit too generic. However I'll take your advice to wikify it asap. I'm looking forward for more maintainer's info.

Cheers.

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." L.T.

Board footer