You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-09 17:43:59

frank_einstien

Queries: opengl and the i845

Hi

I would like to try out games such as torcs, alien arena, quetoo as well as google earth for linux and maybe XGL. This is a long post, Ill try keep it organised  :oops:

The Equipment:    Its a pentium4 PC w/ 256mb RAM with the i845 chipset. Nothing impressive  roll

What Works:    Counterparts to the above games such as need for speed 6 and such works on windows and so do google earth. I also used to have XGL livecd which was quite stable installed. I could vouch for torcs and other opengl games to work with a few distros I tried. It gets max glxgears on PClinux ~1200fps.

The diag:    Here im caught with my skull vibrating like porcelin spring-heal dolls. :oops:  :oops: I never for once bothered about opengl, sound or modules. Pacman -S all the way! So everythings seems broken. glxgears is missing and KDE screensavers struggle.

I Need Help With:   
1. How do I install glxgears?
2. I installed video-xf84-i810 (1.4.x from extra) and use i915 module. But even the screenaver displays only on top half of screen?
3. How do you get performance with these drivers with games? Also what are the req for games and XGL (DRI, mesa etc)

Eagerly waiting for replies

Thanks

Serial ignoramus- a day of experience 365 times.

#2 2006-09-09 18:47:19

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Queries: opengl and the i845

1. pacman -S mesa-apps

Board footer