You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-09 09:32:06

jojapa

new addition to the newsletter

I think that on the list of updated/new packages, there should be an md5sum of every package.
I have a network with a growing number of arch enabled machines, and instead of upgrade every box from the oficial mirror, i have a local repositorie, where every night i mirror the oficial one, and upgrade the local machines from there. And many times looks like the download is corrupted, and i have not way to test if the packages are good or not.
Hmm, I think i should submit a bug/sugestion, there should be a md5sum file  in the repositorie, just for security.

#2 2004-02-09 09:35:52

jojapa

Re: new addition to the newsletter

I corrected myself. I'v seen that on the <repository>db.tar.gz, evey file have an md5sum. So i ask, is there any switch/tool to get this md5sum ?,  i know i can do it, but don't want to make things that are already done.

#3 2004-02-09 15:33:41

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: new addition to the newsletter

If you set up the local mirror as a repository (hey, if you're already downloading every package then no problem) instead of just pacman -U'ing from it then md5sums will be checked on every pacman -S.

I don't think you want to check every md5sum by hand anyway.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer