You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-06 14:00:12

leespin

KDE 5.17 night color

Hi,

with the adition of night color on x11 to kde 5.17 I've ditched redshift.
The thing is I had a script to switch to night color with redshift and I can't seem to find the config file of gamma rays (i think it would be something of the sort) for kde to build a similar script. It's just weird that they didn't add a shortcut to switch to nigh color mode and expect people to open settings and click on a bunch of things to make the switch (or work with their automated tools). Does anyone know where I can find this color settings?

#2 2019-11-12 12:21:46

Temet

Re: KDE 5.17 night color

Hello Leespin,

I think you missed the Redshift and nightcolor function.
Redshift must be always turned on. It will automatically and progressively change the color scheme to night color during the evening, and vise versa in the morning. You don't need a script or some manual intervention.

I didn't try KDE functionnality that was recently introduced but it's for sure the same mechanism. It must be automatic (based on your localisation).

++

Temet

#3 2019-11-12 14:01:18

leespin

Re: KDE 5.17 night color

Temet wrote:

Hello Leespin,

I think you missed the Redshift and nightcolor function.
Redshift must be always turned on. It will automatically and progressively change the color scheme to night color during the evening, and vise versa in the morning. You don't need a script or some manual intervention.

I didn't try KDE functionnality that was recently introduced but it's for sure the same mechanism. It must be automatic (based on your localisation).

++

Temet

Yeah I know, I just don't like the progressive color change. I prefer to turn it on and off myself, so I had a script that fed nightshift a location that would turn it on/off whenever i ran it. I can't seem to find out where KDE is saving the color settings (it has an "always on" button) or the location settings.

Board footer