You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-09 00:53:20

reddhawk

[SOLVED] What's the default program used to unzip files in Deepin?

Hello archers! I just finished to customize my system and everything's perfect except... I can't get the "Extract" functionality (when you right click on any archive and you see it in the drop-down menu) to work in the deepin file manager (deepin-metacity). Does any deepin user know which are the packages being used by deepin file manager to decompress the archives?

I tried to reinstall the package with pacman to see if some optional package was being suggested but no. Or does any have suggestion to eventually inspect for error messages being thrown by the file manager when you try to use the function and it doesn't work because of the missing package?

Let me know smile

Last edited by reddhawk (2019-11-09 02:20:01)

#2 2019-11-09 00:59:53

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] What's the default program used to unzip files in Deepin?

reddhawk wrote:

Or does any have suggestion to eventually inspect for error messages being thrown by the file manager...

Start the file manager from a terminal and keep the terminal open (or alternatively redirect the stdout/stderr to a file you can later inspect).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2019-11-09 02:19:36

reddhawk

Re: [SOLVED] What's the default program used to unzip files in Deepin?

dde-file-manager, that's what I should have looked at. By mistake I was assuming it was deepin-metacity and I was trying to pick the error up watching at the output of

deepin-metacity --replace &> log.txt

However: the packages I needed were:

file-roller zip unrar unace lrzip p7zip

Well thank you anyway Trillby for your promptness smile marking this as solved

Board footer