You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-13 18:45:57

archDisco

[SOLVED] Archiso unable to write to /usr/lib

I am using archiso-43 to build a custom iso.  When I added my own custom eth0.network file to /usr/lib/systemd/network, I am not unable to write to /usr/lib/ on my booted ISO.  If I try to touch /usr/lib/test.txt the error I get is Operation is not supported. 

I have custom files in /usr/bin and do not have the issue when trying to add or remove files.

If I remove the custom eth0.network file from the /usr/lib/systemd/network then I can modify files.  It seems the file system for that path is read only and the cow is not working for that path.  I tried to move the file to /etc/systemd/network and had the same issue of not being able to modify files in that directory.

Here is the output from my mount command:

proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sys on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
dev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=8175488k,nr_inodes=2043872,mode=755)
run on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755)
copytoram on /run/archiso/copytoram type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=12283516k,mode=755)
cowspace on /run/archiso/cowspace type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=5242880k,mode=755)
/dev/loop0 on /run/archiso/sfs/airootfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
airootfs on / type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/run/archiso/sfs/airootfs,upperdir=/run/archiso/cowspace/persistent_AXBM/x86_64/upperdir,workdir=/run/archiso/cowspace/persistent_AXBM/x86_64/workdir)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
bpf on /sys/fs/bpf type bpf (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/rdma type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,rdma)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=28,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=15315)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/2000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=1637800k,mode=700,uid=2000,gid=2000)

When I boot the ISO I am passing the following parameters:
copytoram=y
cow_spacesize=1G

With previous archiso builds I did not have this issue.  The last version that I was using without issue was 40.

I am hoping someone can point me in right direction to found out why this is, and being able to correct it.

Thanks!

Last edited by archDisco (2019-11-25 17:44:02)

#2 2019-11-25 17:42:33

archDisco

Re: [SOLVED] Archiso unable to write to /usr/lib

Well it looks like I found a work around for my problem in case anyone else runs into this. 

To resolve the issue I removed all my custom file for /usr/bin and /usr/lib. 

After I had generated ISO I copied my files into the work/x86_64/airootfs/ accordingly. 
As instructed by the Archiso wiki I remove the lock files

rm -v work/build.make_*

And then re-ran the build.sh

The ISO that was produced from the rebuild has all my custom file and I am able to modify /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib

Board footer