You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-15 21:26:06

MattMatt2

No mouse pointer on Dell PowerEdge t110

Hi,
I've installed archlinux on a Dell PowerEdge t110, with a little issues (booting in BIOS mode the live medium shown 'isolinux.bin missing or corrupted', so I've booted on UEFI mode and it was fine). So after installing sddm, lxde, plasma, kde-applications, and xorg-server, xorg-xinit,xf86-input-mouse and xf86-input keyboard, I've started sddm. And everything worked fine! Except the mouse cursor wasn't there. I tried to move the mouse around, nothing.
So because I was still able to use the keyboard, I logged in with lxde. Still no mouse pointer, but the mouse was working (some menus/buttons had hover highlight). Tried with GNOME, same result.
Trying with compiz, with Firepaint or Mouse position polling didn't give any result.

Actually my sddm is fresh, I haven't tried with gdm (I tried to start it, but it wasn't showing anything except background, and I had no time).

Any idea on what can cause this issue ?

PS: I know, installing a GUI on a server optimized hardware is kinda weird, but I want to use this machine as a workstation as well.

Board footer