You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-16 04:26:52

kanazky

Netflix with 1080p and DTS Audio?

Hey,

I have been wanting to bring the last of my computers over to archlinux. But I haven't been able to find a way to get the 1080p Surround Sound netflix working. I know in the past there hasn't been a way, but I was wondering if anyone's figured it out. I currently use Chrome with an extension to get the 1080p stream but it doesn't include the surround sound track.

Thanks,
Jacob

Archlinx + DWM big_smile I love Wingo-WM Bring it back!!

#2 2019-11-17 14:50:35

SurlyCycler

Re: Netflix with 1080p and DTS Audio?

Hi Jacob
As far as i know Netflix quality will depend on your settings in netflix itself. Under your profile you will see how it will send the quality of the stream.
I have mine set to automatic. It also depends on if you have a video card or gpu setup properly on your machine. My screen is capable of 1920x1080 within the system manager.

I dont have a sound card but usually pulseaudio has some hifi tweaks you can do. I dont worry about it as i have a good set of sony headphones to use. I had to git clone a LDAC drivers for them but they sound awesome.

Maybe you could post the type of computer  and its architecture, chipset you are using. Also include the graphics card and sound card your using might help.

Last edited by SurlyCycler (2019-11-17 14:52:38)

Board footer