You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-25 17:25:02

insciwetrust
Member
Registered: 2019-10-19
Posts: 88

[SOLVED] Wastebasket renamed to Trash after update

Seems like it is a problem about locale. I checked my locale when I first saw it renamed, but it said that it was en_GB which is my default. So I thought I would fix it if I regenerated the locale files but then it said

en_GB.UTF-8...[error] cannot open locale definition file `en_GB': No such file or directory

so I reinstalled glibc. en_GB was now back again in /usr/share/i18n/locale, but even though I typed

sudo locale-gen

and the command worked without failure, name of the bin was still "Trash" after a reboot.

I am using XFCE if that helps.

Last edited by insciwetrust (2019-12-01 11:58:40)


No gods, no masters!

Offline

#2 2019-12-01 11:59:45

insciwetrust
Member
Registered: 2019-10-19
Posts: 88

Re: [SOLVED] Wastebasket renamed to Trash after update

I solved the problem on my own. For anyone wondering, I was using BleachBit and I believe that messed up my filesystem, as I ran pacman -Qk and saw that lots of files were missing. I wrote a script to reinstall all of the packages, ran locale-gen and it is all good again.


No gods, no masters!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB