You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-27 12:44:22

avneesh
Member
Registered: 2017-07-19
Posts: 62

[SOLVED]Login loop

I installed arch on my VM with XFCE lightdm. I forgot to mount separate partition for /home then I did the following:
1. Renamed original /home to /home_old.
2. Edited fstab and added

  # /dev/sda3
UUID=e4f50de3-6631-40ee-a829-4681dd327ad7       /home           ext4            defaults          0 2

3. Mounted fstab again and reboot.

Now I'm stuck at login loop now. Whenever I try to login it throws me back to login screen. I can login as root only. Here's what I got from journalctl

Nov 27 17:58:11 ghost systemd[1]: Started Session 7 of user kaneki.
Nov 27 17:58:11 ghost systemd-logind[343]: Session 7 logged out. Waiting for processes to exit.
Nov 27 17:58:11 ghost systemd[1]: session-7.scope: Succeeded.
Nov 27 17:58:11 ghost systemd-logind[343]: Removed session 7.
Nov 27 17:58:12 ghost kernel: broken atomic modeset userspace detected, disabling atomic
Nov 27 17:58:13 ghost lightdm[3300]: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Account>
Nov 27 17:58:13 ghost audit[3300]: CRED_ACQ pid=3300 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:setcred grantors=pam_env,pam_permit acct="lightdm" exe="/usr/bin/lightdm" hos>
Nov 27 17:58:13 ghost lightdm[3300]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session opened for user lightdm by (uid=0)

Last edited by avneesh (2019-11-27 13:43:09)

Offline

#2 2019-11-27 13:29:25

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,526
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Login loop

Well, yeah.  You need to recreate your user, or move the content from /home_old the new partition.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#3 2019-11-27 13:39:50

avneesh
Member
Registered: 2017-07-19
Posts: 62

Re: [SOLVED]Login loop

Ok, that worked. Thanks

Last edited by avneesh (2019-11-27 13:42:28)

Offline

#4 2019-11-27 13:41:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,526
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Login loop

You didn't follow steps correctly.  Unless you mean you followed the steps you wrote in your first post (where did you get those?)  Those steps are a recipe for a broken system.  So you followed them correctly, and ended up with a broken system.

Following steps correctly is not the same as following the correct steps!

EDIT: and editing posts to remove content that has been responded to is considered rude here.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-11-27 13:43:36)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#5 2019-11-27 13:52:06

avneesh
Member
Registered: 2017-07-19
Posts: 62

Re: [SOLVED]Login loop

Sorry

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB