You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-28 20:46:53

idlepork
Member
From: Georgia
Registered: 2019-10-02
Posts: 10
Website

Picom crashes after suspend when using glx backend

I recently switched from Cinnamon to i3+picom, and it's been working very well except for minor window tearing and/or an inability to suspend-to-ram.

When I suspend to ram using systemctl suspend or closing my laptop, it opens i3lock and wakes from suspend normally if I set

backend = "xrender"

in /etc/xdg/picom.conf. However, if I set the recommended default

backend = "glx"

(which, notably, gets rid of some of the window tearing I've been experiencing with the xrender backend), it crashes as far as I can tell.

It appears to lock when the screen is turning off, but then, without a wake command of any sort, the backlight comes back on and the computer becomes unresponsive until I restart. I've looked for other people having problems with similar behavior, but most have been upstream Nvidia or kernel bugs. I'm using AMDGPU with an integrated Vega 8, and I haven't found any upstream bugs that sound like this, so I'm not sure what I'd need to do to repair it. I looked for diagnostic information, but seeing as Arch/Xorg becomes unresponsive after suspend, I'm not sure how I'd be able to access dmesg or some other utility.

Is there a way that I can find more debugging data after it fails or test glx in isolation?

Edit: I fixed the screen-tearing by setting TearFree on in RandR, so investigating why glx fails isn't critical.

Last edited by idlepork (2019-11-28 22:54:55)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB