You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-29 11:43:59

OrakMoya
Member
Registered: 2019-09-22
Posts: 75

Arch-chroot security.

Ever since I installed Arch for the first time, I was wondering "Could I just change the root password by mounting and chrooting into the system with the install image?"
And I was able to do that. I changed the root password and my own user password without typing the system's root password even once.
So how do I prevent people from chrooting into my system?

Offline

#2 2019-11-29 11:51:08

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
From: :wq
Registered: 2008-12-01
Posts: 10,734
Website

Re: Arch-chroot security.

Unless you want to use whole system encryption, physical access = 0wned.

Offline

#3 2019-11-30 00:52:04

twelveeighty
Member
Registered: 2011-09-04
Posts: 1,456

Re: Arch-chroot security.

OrakMoya wrote:

So how do I prevent people from chrooting into my system?

Make sure that nobody can physically touch your system and encrypt the data that you wish to protect. But be aware that once someone has your system in their hands, they can also pour gasoline on it and set it on fire. Encryption is not going to protect you from that either.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB