You are not logged in.
Installation appeared normal on acer c720 with latest iso. On reboot, wifi will not connect to either open network nor to WPA.
On an open network I got the following:
wifi-menu exits with the message
Interface 'wlp1s0' is controlled by netctl-auto
dmesg|grep wlp1s0
[ 5.428508] ath9k 0000:01:00.0 wlp1s0: renamed from wlan0
[ 5.616507] audit: type=1130 audit(1575410065.233:14): pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=netctl-auto@wlp1s0 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
[ 9.348754] wlp1s0: authenticate with ac:a3:1e:be:2c:52
[ 9.364350] wlp1s0: send auth to ac:a3:1e:be:2c:52 (try 1/3)
[ 9.365456] wlp1s0: authenticated
[ 9.368204] wlp1s0: associate with ac:a3:1e:be:2c:52 (try 1/3)
[ 9.369628] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from ac:a3:1e:be:2c:52 (capab=0x1 status=0 aid=7)
[ 9.369746] wlp1s0: associated
[ 9.370281] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlp1s0: link becomes ready
ip link
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: wlp1s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
link/ether c0:38:96:7b:4b:13 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ping www.google
ping: www.google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution
rfkill list
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
1: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: noLast edited by porphyry5 (2019-12-04 00:58:05)
Offline
Do you have a DHCP client?
Offline
Do you have a DHCP client?
Apparently not.
less /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases gives 'No such file or directory'
I think I have found the problem in the Installation guide. I skipped the section Configure your network connection which would have set dhcpcd@wlp1s0.service. Thank you for your help
Last edited by porphyry5 (2019-12-04 00:53:25)
Offline