You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-10 09:58:25

saxon_dr
Member
Registered: 2019-12-10
Posts: 1

Power button not detected with Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7

This is my first post on the forum, so apologies in advance if there's any rules that I'm failing to abide by.

Here's the output when I run evtest:

Available devices:
/dev/input/event0:	Sleep Button
/dev/input/event1:	Lid Switch
/dev/input/event2:	AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
/dev/input/event3:	PC Speaker
/dev/input/event4:	ThinkPad Extra Buttons
/dev/input/event5:	Video Bus
/dev/input/event6:	SYNA8004:00 06CB:CD8B Mouse
/dev/input/event7:	SYNA8004:00 06CB:CD8B Touchpad
/dev/input/event8:	Raydium Corporation Raydium Touch System
/dev/input/event9:	TPPS/2 Elan TrackPoint
/dev/input/event10:	Integrated Camera: Integrated C
/dev/input/event11:	Integrated Camera: Integrated I

When I run xev and press or hold the power button, I also don't see anything in the terminal. This seems to me like my power button is not recognized by the system at all, but I know the hardware itself is fine because when I press it to start up it does work, and when I shutdown the machine with it in BIOS it also works. I've found some things on the wiki that makes me think there is an acpi kernel module that I need to load, but I'm not sure if that's the case or how to do so.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB