You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-14 06:20:15

haroldgraphene
Member
From: Vancouver BC
Registered: 2019-12-14
Posts: 2

x200 tablet WacomSerialTablet: inputattach: can't set line discipline

Followed the thinkwiki guide on installation of my wacom stylus/touch interface.

Installed inputattach

Ran: "sudo inputattach --w8001 /dev/ttyS0"
Returns: "inputattach: can't set line discipline"

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Wacom_Ser … _and_Touch

I have installed all the drivers required for wacom as far as I know.

Please forgive me if my question format and description is terrible, this is my first time reaching out on Arch Linux forums ever.

Thanks.

Offline

#2 2019-12-14 09:10:12

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: x200 tablet WacomSerialTablet: inputattach: can't set line discipline

It's not entirely clear what your inputattach is for. According to the link you posted, the inputattach is for the Thinkpad X200 Tablet and Pen Touch. I believe you don't need this for your Wacom but are you doing this because you have X200?
I have a very basic Wacom tablet and it works out of the box.
For Wacom have a look at this.

Offline

#3 2019-12-16 04:11:08

haroldgraphene
Member
From: Vancouver BC
Registered: 2019-12-14
Posts: 2

Re: x200 tablet WacomSerialTablet: inputattach: can't set line discipline

Hello again,

I've since completely reinstalled Arch since I last posted. I was originally led to think I needed to use inputattach to make the serial tablet work.

Through the Wacom tablet page on the ArchWiki I've followed all the instructions:
- I entered: "dmesg | grep -i wacom" it returns nothing.
- The Wacom tablet is not listed in: /proc/bus/input/devices
- I've installed input-wacom-dkms in case for some reason this tablet wasn't supported by the main kernel yet, still nothing.
- I've also installed xf86-input-wacom (The X driver),

Not sure why I cannot use this touchscreen plug and play...hm.

I do have an x200 tablet, yes. Its a "penabled wacom" or something.

Thanks again.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB