You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-15 21:31:38

sourworms
Member
Registered: 2019-12-12
Posts: 4
Website

[SOLVED] Trouble connecting to wifi on startup

I have wireless up and running on my computer (albeit after a couple hours), and I have a netctl profile that runs on startup, but it doesn't actually connect due to DHCPCD being enabled. In order to make an actual connection, I have to run:

sudo killall dhcpcd

along with:

wifi-menu

Then it connects just fine. Is there a way I can make my system automatically do this for me? It's not too much trouble doing it every time, but it's still kind of annoying. I'm still fairly new to Arch, so if this is a very trivial answer, assume I don't know it. Thanks!

Last edited by sourworms (2019-12-15 22:11:12)


An interviewer asked a programmer, "What makes bad code?". The programmer replied, "No comment."

Offline

#2 2019-12-15 21:45:33

CarbonChauvinist
Member
Registered: 2012-06-16
Posts: 413
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble connecting to wifi on startup

sourworms wrote:

but it doesn't actually connect due to DHCPCD being enabled

How do you disable a service so you don't have to do this manually each time?

sourworms wrote:

Is there a way I can make my system automatically do this for me?

Netctl Wireless wiki


"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

Offline

#3 2019-12-15 22:10:42

sourworms
Member
Registered: 2019-12-12
Posts: 4
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble connecting to wifi on startup

I deleted my wireless profile and created a new one and this fixed it after a restart. Should've just read the wiki to understand what is actually happening. Thanks


An interviewer asked a programmer, "What makes bad code?". The programmer replied, "No comment."

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB