You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hello,
I'm currently trying to extract a Tar file made with with kbackup using ark. I'm experiencing a issue with missing directories/files when it completes.
I've noticed its only extracting 100ish GB worth of files, the Tar archive itself is approximately 450 GB, obviously something is going wrong. I actually have backups on 2 different external drives for redundancy, the tars files on each drive have the same issue.
The directories/files missing are related to 3 main directories:
1) The first is the Pictures directory which holds a large amount of sub-folders with .raw files and many other bitmap related image files like .psd's.
2) The other directory was a "work" directory I made under home "/home/<username>/Work". For the "work" directory I at least have the most important files on another computer and a decent record of the past years transactions elsewhere.
3) A "utility" directory similar made as the "work" directory with some misc files in, which for the most part I also have backups of and honestly can't even remember the files in it of which I don't have backups of.
What are my best option for troubleshooting this issue?
Note: I'd prefer to keep the sub-folders if possible, the image files become a nightmare to work with otherwise due to the volume of them. However I will extract them all just as files if its absolutely necessary.
Any help would be appreciated, than you.
Last edited by Design+Emulate (2019-12-15 22:04:27)
Offline
What's wrong w/ "tar -xf archive.tar"? Any error messages?
Offline
No, The are no errors from regular tar yet.
I just ran "tar -xf backup_2019.10.19-20.41.20_1.tar" no error messages, Mind you due to the volume of files I couldn't really check everything.
I'm running "tar -xvf backup_2019.10.19-20.41.20_1.tar -C /home/<username>/Storage" as we speak to see if it was just an Ark issue.
Offline
It gets to all the files that ark did then shows this:
"tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains ‘\314\022;\2652H]\255\241\365E\031’ where numeric off_t value expected
tar: Archive contains ‘\3658\330&\276\314=\376`$\024\206’ where numeric off_t value expected
tar: Archive contains ‘\253\373\207\fd\233\271X\030\2650x’ where numeric off_t value expected
tar: Archive contains ‘\317\035\022\253\277\221\275\227'\265\203\317’ where numeric off_t value expected
tar: Archive contains ‘\300\004m\302b\350`\205\314.\277\255’ where numeric off_t value expected
tar: Archive contains ‘z\312\324\016\221\242\v\0P\367\200\017’ where numeric off_t value expected"
Then it shows its opening the pictures
Most of them look fine, It looks like its throwing a couple messages showing issues for some specific files but its going through the terminal to fast to tell.
I'll get back to you later, I'm going to let it continue.
Last edited by Design+Emulate (2019-12-15 23:07:17)
Offline
Pages: 1