You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 09:45:10

favre49
Member
Registered: 2019-12-17
Posts: 2

Plasma hanging on splash screen when starting from display manager

I recently installed arch linux on my system. I installed Plasma, and I am able to start  it with `startx`. However, when I start it from a display manager, it hangs on the splash screen after logging in. I used lightdm and sddm, both give me the same problem. I hope you guys can help me out.

xsession-errors (Sorry that it's a picture)

Offline

#2 2019-12-17 09:49:57

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: Plasma hanging on splash screen when starting from display manager

Welcome to the boards favre49

Post

sudo journalctl -b

and potentially a xorg.log while reproducing (you should be able to switch to a TTY regardless of session hang), as text

Offline

#3 2019-12-17 10:29:17

favre49
Member
Registered: 2019-12-17
Posts: 2

Re: Plasma hanging on splash screen when starting from display manager

Journalctl output

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce now, it doesn't show the splash screen anymore. I wasn't able to switch to a tty before, and i am still unable to do so. Moreover startx hangs after some time as well (Sorry if this is unrelated).

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB