You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 22:24:45

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

[POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Hi,

So I recently built a new computer with an AMD Radeon RX 570 graphics card in it. Unfortunately, I have been struggling quite considerably with getting it to work. 90% of the time, when I boot up Linux, the GPU doesn't detect the monitor at all and I have no clue what's going on. The BIOS is always visible, as is the GRUB menu, but after that point it just sorta stops.

I'm essentially certain that this is a driver problem, because this is the third distro that I've tried (previous being Debian and Kubuntu) and I've had the same issue on both of those as well; the driver is the only consistent thing left. I'm using the HDMI output on the card, because I have no monitors that can work with DisplayPort. Fortunately, I do have SSH access, so I am able to work on this, although it's clearly not ideal.

Here is the dmesg output (no I don't know what's up with all those reset USB device messages), here is the result of lspci -nnk, and here is Xorg.0.log. If any additional logfiles are needed, please tell me and I can provide them upon request.

Thanks!

UPDATE: For anyone else experiencing the same issue (I do hope not), this appears to be a kernel bug still present in 5.5-rc2. I have reported this upstream.

Last edited by megaminxwin (2019-12-22 01:00:20)

Offline

#2 2019-12-18 00:44:16

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 11,864

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

As a work around does adding the kernel option amdgpu.dc=0 allow more reliable detection?
How long is the HDMI cable and what is the native resolution of the display?
What range of kernel versions has the issue been present on?

Offline

#3 2019-12-18 08:31:00

apaz
Member
Registered: 2018-07-23
Posts: 48

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

From Xorg.0.log you can see that there is no connection via hdmi:

[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-0
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-1
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-2
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output HDMI-A-0
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (WW) AMDGPU(0): No outputs definitely connected, trying again...
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (WW) AMDGPU(0): Unable to find connected outputs - setting 1024x768 initial framebuffer 

Try to change the hdmi cable, and maybe create a 50-monitor.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ where you specify the characteristics of the monitor. Automatic EDID recognition does not seem to work.

Offline

#4 2019-12-18 08:49:00

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

loqs wrote:

As a work around does adding the kernel option amdgpu.dc=0 allow more reliable detection?
How long is the HDMI cable and what is the native resolution of the display?
What range of kernel versions has the issue been present on?

Just did a bit of power cycling to test, and it does appear to be working with that kernel option? The computer seems slower, though, although that could just be my imagination honestly. Not sure what that does.

The cable is about a metre long, the display is 1080p. I know the cable is fine, because I have a really old and terrible desktop with an HDMI port and that has never once failed to work (that computer uses intel graphics).

I can confirm the issue is definitely present on 4.19 (Debian Stable), 5.3 (Kubuntu 19.10), and 5.4.3 (Arch).

apaz wrote:

From Xorg.0.log you can see that there is no connection via hdmi:

[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 has no monitor section
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-0
[     6.353] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-1
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-2
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): EDID for output HDMI-A-0
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (WW) AMDGPU(0): No outputs definitely connected, trying again...
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-1 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output DisplayPort-2 disconnected
[     6.354] (II) AMDGPU(0): Output HDMI-A-0 disconnected
[     6.354] (WW) AMDGPU(0): Unable to find connected outputs - setting 1024x768 initial framebuffer 

Try to change the hdmi cable, and maybe create a 50-monitor.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ where you specify the characteristics of the monitor. Automatic EDID recognition does not seem to work.

I've tried a different HDMI cable and that didn't do much good. Messing with xorg.conf made it work 0% of the time, as opposed to 10%, unfortunately. The recognition does work occasionally, but not very often, which is just the weirdest thing to me...

Offline

#5 2019-12-18 11:31:34

Gosi
Member
From: Vienna, Austria
Registered: 2010-02-25
Posts: 73

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Is the internal power connector connected to your graphics card?

Does your computer work with a different monitor?

Offline

#6 2019-12-18 12:00:10

Lone_Wolf
Member
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 8,475

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

The journal indicates the problem is at low-level , not Xorg. The fact that  amdgpu.dc=0 worksaround does match with  a cause on kernel module level or even closer to the hardware.

If I read logs correctly you have an Asus PRIME B450-PLUS motherboard and are running the 2006 firmware from 2019/11/25 .
Asus released firware version 2008 on 2019/12/11 , https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PR … Desk_BIOS/

Try updating to that version.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2019-12-18 12:00:27)


Multi-init booting with apg Openrc and systemd coexisting
Automounting : not needed, i prefer pmount
Aur helpers : makepkg + my own local repo === rarely need them

Offline

#7 2019-12-18 23:16:06

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Gosi wrote:

Is the internal power connector connected to your graphics card?

Does your computer work with a different monitor?

Yes and no. The actual HDMI port seems to work, as the BIOS never has any difficulties, and I'm using the graphics card to look at the BIOS (there's no integrated graphics on the CPU).

Lone_Wolf wrote:

The journal indicates the problem is at low-level , not Xorg. The fact that  amdgpu.dc=0 worksaround does match with  a cause on kernel module level or even closer to the hardware.

If I read logs correctly you have an Asus PRIME B450-PLUS motherboard and are running the 2006 firmware from 2019/11/25 .
Asus released firware version 2008 on 2019/12/11 , https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PR … Desk_BIOS/

Try updating to that version.

Hrm, okay. I tried updating to that firmware, removed the amdgpu.dc=0, and it still had the same issue. Replacing amdgpu.dc=0 made it work again.

I was having the same issue when I just got the motherboard, so I tried updating the BIOS then, but nothing unfortunately.

So presumably, because amdgpu.dc=0 works, that means it's to do with Display Core?

Offline

#8 2019-12-19 00:39:04

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 11,864

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Yes amdgpu.dc=0 disables use of the display core.  Please post the dmesg from a boot without amdgpu.dc=0 instead with drm.debug=0x1e log_buf_len=2M
This should produce much more output (quote possibly too much) from the amdgpu module.

Last edited by loqs (2019-12-19 00:46:00)

Offline

#9 2019-12-19 09:07:51

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

loqs wrote:

Yes amdgpu.dc=0 disables use of the display core.  Please post the dmesg from a boot without amdgpu.dc=0 instead with drm.debug=0x1e log_buf_len=2M
This should produce much more output (quote possibly too much) from the amdgpu module.

Behold, the world's longest log file. Apologies for using pastebin.com, I'm not aware of another decent pastebin now that ptpb.pw has shut down.

Offline

#10 2019-12-19 14:01:34

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 11,864

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Thank you for the dmesg,  can post a dmesg with all the parameters for comparison e.g. amdgpu.dc=0 drm.debug=0x1e log_buf_len=2M

Offline

#11 2019-12-20 06:07:02

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

loqs wrote:

Thank you for the dmesg,  can post a dmesg with all the parameters for comparison e.g. amdgpu.dc=0 drm.debug=0x1e log_buf_len=2M

There you go. I hope that this helps.

Offline

#12 2019-12-20 10:39:41

Lone_Wolf
Member
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 8,475

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Looks like that one is without amdgpu.dc=0 .

Are you using any kind of firmware overclocking options : processor, memory, videocard ?
especially overclocked memory can have all kinds of weird effects.


Multi-init booting with apg Openrc and systemd coexisting
Automounting : not needed, i prefer pmount
Aur helpers : makepkg + my own local repo === rarely need them

Offline

#13 2019-12-20 12:23:01

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Looks like that one is without amdgpu.dc=0 .

Are you using any kind of firmware overclocking options : processor, memory, videocard ?
especially overclocked memory can have all kinds of weird effects.

No overclocking is going on, at least that I know of anyway.

Offline

#14 2019-12-20 12:52:09

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 11,864

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

With amdgpu=0

[    4.880406] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:58:HDMI-A-1] status updated from unknown to connected
[    4.880418] [drm:drm_add_display_info [drm]] non_desktop set to 0
[    4.880428] [drm:drm_add_display_info [drm]] HDMI: DVI dual 0, max TMDS clock 0 kHz
[    4.880441] [drm:drm_add_edid_modes [drm]] ELD monitor BenQ GW2270
[    4.880452] [drm:drm_add_edid_modes [drm]] HDMI: latency present 0 0, video latency 0 0, audio latency 0 0
[    4.880462] [drm:drm_add_edid_modes [drm]] ELD size 36, SAD count 1
[    4.880472] [drm:drm_add_display_info [drm]] non_desktop set to 0
[    4.880482] [drm:drm_add_display_info [drm]] HDMI: DVI dual 0, max TMDS clock 0 kHz
[    4.880607] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:58:HDMI-A-1] probed modes :
[    4.880617] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080": 60 148500 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 0x48 0x5
[    4.880628] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080": 60 148500 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 0x40 0x5
[    4.880638] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080": 60 148352 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 0x40 0x5
[    4.880648] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080i": 60 74250 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1094 1125 0x40 0x15
[    4.880658] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080i": 60 74250 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1094 1125 0x40 0x15
[    4.880668] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080i": 60 74176 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1094 1125 0x40 0x15
[    4.880678] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080": 50 148500 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084 1089 1125 0x40 0x5
[    4.880688] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1920x1080i": 50 74250 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084 1094 1125 0x40 0x15
[    4.880698] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1680x1050": 60 119000 1680 1728 1760 1840 1050 1053 1059 1080 0x40 0x9
[    4.880708] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1600x900": 60 108000 1600 1624 1704 1800 900 901 904 1000 0x40 0x5
[    4.880718] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x1024": 75 135000 1280 1296 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066 0x40 0x5
[    4.880728] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x1024": 60 108000 1280 1328 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066 0x40 0x5
[    4.880738] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x800": 60 71000 1280 1328 1360 1440 800 803 809 823 0x40 0x9
[    4.880748] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1152x864": 75 108000 1152 1216 1344 1600 864 865 868 900 0x40 0x5
[    4.880758] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x720": 60 74250 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750 0x40 0x5
[    4.880768] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x720": 60 74250 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750 0x40 0x5
[    4.880778] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x720": 60 74176 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750 0x40 0x5
[    4.880788] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1280x720": 50 74250 1280 1720 1760 1980 720 725 730 750 0x40 0x5
[    4.880798] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1024x768": 75 78750 1024 1040 1136 1312 768 769 772 800 0x40 0x5
[    4.880808] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "1024x768": 60 65000 1024 1048 1184 1344 768 771 777 806 0x40 0xa
[    4.880818] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "832x624": 75 57284 832 864 928 1152 624 625 628 667 0x40 0xa
[    4.880828] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "800x600": 75 49500 800 816 896 1056 600 601 604 625 0x40 0x5
[    4.880838] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "800x600": 60 40000 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628 0x40 0x5
[    4.880848] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x576": 50 27000 720 732 796 864 576 581 586 625 0x40 0xa
[    4.880858] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x576": 50 27000 720 732 796 864 576 581 586 625 0x40 0xa
[    4.880868] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x576i": 50 13500 720 732 795 864 576 580 586 625 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880878] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x576i": 50 13500 720 732 795 864 576 580 586 625 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880888] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480": 60 27027 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880898] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480": 60 27027 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880908] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480": 60 27000 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880917] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480": 60 27000 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880927] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480": 60 27000 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880937] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480i": 60 13514 720 739 801 858 480 488 494 525 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880947] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480i": 60 13514 720 739 801 858 480 488 494 525 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880957] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480i": 60 13500 720 739 801 858 480 488 494 525 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880967] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x480i": 60 13500 720 739 801 858 480 488 494 525 0x40 0x101a
[    4.880977] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "640x480": 75 31500 640 656 720 840 480 481 484 500 0x40 0xa
[    4.880987] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "640x480": 60 25200 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.880997] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "640x480": 60 25175 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.881007] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "640x480": 60 25175 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525 0x40 0xa
[    4.881017] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline [drm]] Modeline "720x400": 70 28320 720 738 846 900 400 412 414 449 0x40 0x6
[    4.881027] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] connector 52 enabled? no
[    4.881037] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] connector 54 enabled? no
[    4.881047] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] connector 56 enabled? no
[    4.881056] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] connector 58 enabled? yes
[    4.881066] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] looking for cmdline mode on connector 58
[    4.881076] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] looking for preferred mode on connector 58 0
[    4.881086] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] found mode 1920x1080
[    4.881095] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] picking CRTCs for 16384x16384 config
[    4.881106] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] desired mode 1920x1080 set on crtc 40 (0,0)

Without

[    4.647306] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1] status updated from unknown to disconnected
[    4.647309] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1] disconnected
[    4.647316] [drm:drm_client_modeset_probe [drm]] No connectors reported connected with modes
....
[    5.736057] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1]
[    5.736060] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1] disconnected
....
[    5.737941] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1]
[    5.737944] [drm:drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes [drm_kms_helper]] [CONNECTOR:71:HDMI-A-1] disconnected

Offline

#15 2019-12-21 11:50:18

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

So with amdgpu.dc=0, the GPU is able to detect the monitor, but without, it isn't? God, that's bizarre. Would that be a bug, or?

Offline

#16 2019-12-21 12:09:18

Lone_Wolf
Member
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 8,475

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Yes, but that doesn't help much with finding the cause.

amdgpu has lots of kernel paramaters, https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/gpu/amdgpu.html that influence behaviour.

They are above my skill level though.

Could you try with a different monitor ?
Can you put the videocard in another system for testing ?

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2019-12-21 12:10:14)


Multi-init booting with apg Openrc and systemd coexisting
Automounting : not needed, i prefer pmount
Aur helpers : makepkg + my own local repo === rarely need them

Offline

#17 2019-12-21 12:47:29

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 11,864

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

I would suggest trying linux 5.5-rc2,   Unofficial_user_repositories#miffe contains the linux-mainline.
If the issue is present in 5.5-rc2 then I would report it upstream to https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues including both dmesg outputs.

Offline

#18 2019-12-22 00:43:37

megaminxwin
Member
Registered: 2017-07-30
Posts: 11

Re: [POSSIBLE UPSTREAM BUG] AMDGPU doesn't detect monitor 90% of the time

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Yes, but that doesn't help much with finding the cause.

amdgpu has lots of kernel paramaters, https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/gpu/amdgpu.html that influence behaviour.

They are above my skill level though.

Could you try with a different monitor ?
Can you put the videocard in another system for testing ?

Trying other monitors (including TVs) give the same results, the only difference being slightly different messages for what monitors are connected obviously.

loqs wrote:

I would suggest trying linux 5.5-rc2,   Unofficial_user_repositories#miffe contains the linux-mainline.
If the issue is present in 5.5-rc2 then I would report it upstream to https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues including both dmesg outputs.

Aaand it's present in 5.5-rc2. So it's almost certainly a kernel bug! HOORAY /s

Going to send in a bug report after I post this. Thanks for the help, guys.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB