You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-19 02:09:14

ibrokemypie

Archiso Does Not Produce ISO

Using archiso with the releng profile, I am trying to produce an ISO with support for bcachefs, so I created a custom repo, added bcachefs-patched linux kernel and bcachefs-tools to it, and added them to the packages.x86_64 file as well, then created /out, and ran ./build.sh -v

Seemed fine, except for lots of locale errors ("/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_AU.UTF-8)"), and near the end a warning ("==> WARNING: work/x86_64/airootfs is not a mountpoint. This may have undesirable side effects.")

It didnt print any serious looking errors though, and seemed to complete fine, however the out folder was empty, so no ISO was produced.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Last edited by ibrokemypie (2019-12-19 02:22:01)

#2 2019-12-19 16:00:43

qinohe

Re: Archiso Does Not Produce ISO

ibrokemypie wrote:

Using archiso with the releng profile, I am trying to produce an ISO with support for bcachefs, so I created a custom repo, added bcachefs-patched linux kernel and bcachefs-tools to it, and added them to the packages.x86_64 file as well, then created /out, and ran ./build.sh -v

Well this seems the right way to make a start, however, you should follow the wiki(bcache) and implement everything that should be done to make bcache working onto your ISO structure the same way you would for your own install on a 'real machine'. Since bcache is for mechanical and ssd together I can't say it's gonna work the way you think it is on ISO or if it's even possible?. I don't use bcache myself so can't go into it any deeper.
Keep in mind you also need to make your kernel available to boot from. If you want to make it your single kernel to boot the iso of, good luck figuring out how to do that and let me know how you did it.

Seemed fine, except for lots of locale errors ("/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_AU.UTF-8)"), and near the end a warning ("==> WARNING: work/x86_64/airootfs is not a mountpoint. This may have undesirable side effects.")

How do you set your locale?
The warning is harmless, it's not a partition your installing to, it's a directory...

It didnt print any serious looking errors though, and seemed to complete fine, however the out folder was empty, so no ISO was produced.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Your the one that needs to solve every single issue you encounter, releng is not more than a skeleton, which builds fine btw.

Board footer