You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-15 22:14:16

wrythe

Pak script overhaul.

First of all I'd like to thank those of you that have tested the pak script and given your very helpful feedback. I know that speed was a big issue and there were numerous requests to convert the script from bash to something like python in an effort to increase the search speed.

I'm pleased to say that I have just finished coding the pak script in Java. It still uses bash to parse the arguments and create the temp files pak needs (along with some other small stuff), but everything else gets passed on to Java and the results are very fast.

I haven't updated the wiki yet, but the package can be foundin AUR (link).

I've tested the program on three different machines and it seems to run pretty flawlessly. The big downside (if you're not into Java) is that it, nartually, requires the JRE to run.. which is a pretty hefty download if you don't already have it installed.

Lemme know what you think.

psearch - manipulate and refine pacman searches

#2 2006-12-11 14:55:54

cromero

Re: Pak script overhaul.

The aur link you provided is not working, did you delete the package? y have been using it and wanted to send it to a friend but cant find it

#3 2006-12-11 15:58:27

wrythe

Re: Pak script overhaul.

cromero wrote:

The aur link you provided is not working, did you delete the package? y have been using it and wanted to send it to a friend but cant find it

Crap. Sorry, yeah. I jumped the gun. I actually didn't mean to delete it at all and have been looking for the original tarball I created. I've actually almost completed its rewrite called psearch (yes, as in esearch). It's taken some time since I've been away from Arch for the last few months and have only recently been actively using it again. I also rewrote it in Python to get ride of the huge JRE dependency. Finals start this week, so I hope to have something up when that's all over.

psearch - manipulate and refine pacman searches

Board footer