You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi,
I've installed ArchLinux on my Laptop (HP probook x360 G1 EE) for half a year now. Recently, I wanted to reinstall GRUB. But I get this error:
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
show_order(): Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot0000": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot0001": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot0002": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot0003": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot0004": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot2001": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot2002": Interrupted system call
Skipping unreadable variable "Boot2003": Interrupted system call
Could not prepare Boot variable: Interrupted system call
grub-install: error: efibootmgr failed to register the boot entry: Input/output error.(with
grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=arch_grub --recheck)
So I booted in my system via a clover live usb, and still get this error.
Here is how my disk is formatted:
/dev/sda1 2048 83888127 83886080 40G Linux filesystem -> /
/dev/sda2 83888128 84150271 262144 128M EFI System -> /boot/efi
/dev/sda3 84150272 241436671 157286400 75G Linux filesystem -> /home
/dev/sda4 241436672 250069646 8632975 4.1G Linux swap -> swapAny ideas?
Offline
What is the output of efivar --list
?
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-dbxDefault
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-dbDefault
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-KEKDefault
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-PKDefault
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-efi-boot-device
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-efi-boot-device-data
62bf9b1c-8568-48ee-85dc-dd3057660863-boot-feature-usage
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-BATP-flag
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8*
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-REV -ch8*
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8*
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-specialbootdevice
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-csr-active-config
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-flagstate
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-EFILoginHiDPI
4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14-UIScale
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-backlight-level
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-security-mode
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-RMde-char
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32
7c436110-ab2a-4bbb-a880-fe41995c9f82-fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32
7f9102df-e999-4740-80a6-b2038512217b-SystemSupervisorPw
ba57e015-65b3-4c3c-b274-659192f699e3-BugCheckProgress
ba57e015-65b3-4c3c-b274-659192f699e3-BugCheckParameter1
ba57e015-65b3-4c3c-b274-659192f699e3-BugCheckCode
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-OsIndications
e090f249-2355-48fc-9bee-9b1ef9b16eb1-SysDiagsBiosData2010
14090d43-63e6-4aa6-8269-df5b8b8c4ce4-SysDiagsBiosData2010
5e1affe6-e52f-4c15-960a-8f87405004b6-SysDiagsBiosData
4c19049f-4137-4dd3-9c10-8b97a83ffdfa-MemoeryTypeUpdateInfo
a9b5f8d2-cb6d-42c2-bc01-b5ffaae4335e-PBRDevicePath
eaec226f-c9a3-477a-a826-ddc716cdc0e3-UnlockIDCopy
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_EntRevokeSiStatus
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_ATPSiStatus
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_WinSiStatus
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_SkuSiStatus
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_RvkSiStatus
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-Kernel_SiStatus
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-TargetHddDevPath
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EBOD
77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b-CurrentPolicy
d719b2cb-3d3a-4596-a3bc-dad00e67656f-db
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-KEK
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-PK
103f3e13-b4f2-4166-b58c-0957101c1a8d-OA3.0
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EUUI
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EBID
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HTHD
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HTDD
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HCTP
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EFTB
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EMID
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EATN
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-ESRN
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-ESK1
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-ECTN
eaec226f-c9a3-477a-a826-ddc716cdc0e3-OfflineUniqueIDEKPubCRC
eaec226f-c9a3-477a-a826-ddc716cdc0e3-OfflineUniqueIDEKPub
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot0003
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-BootOrder
0d9a1427-e02a-437d-926b-aa521fd722ba-PciLanInfo
04b37fe8-f6ae-480b-bdd5-37d98c5e89aa-VarErrorFlag
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-DSFI
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot0002
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot0001
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-PhysicalBootOrder
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot0000
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot2003
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot2002
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Boot2001
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-H1MC
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOut
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConIn
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HWSIG
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HCPT
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-EPDF
a04a27f4-df00-4d42-b552-39511302113d-Custom
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-CustomPlatformLang
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Timeout
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HBDL
382af2bb-ffff-abcd-aaee-cce099338877-SecureFlashInfo
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-PlatformLang
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-Lang
fd21bf2b-f5d1-46c5-aee3-c60158339239-MsdmAddress
eb704011-1402-11d3-8e77-00a0c969723b-MTC
aeb9c5c1-94f1-4d02-bfd9-4602db2d3c54-Tcg2PhysicalPresence
aeb9c5c1-94f1-4d02-bfd9-4602db2d3c54-Tcg2PhysicalPresenceFlags
e20939be-32d4-41be-a150-897f85d49829-MemoryOverwriteRequestControl
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-CustomSecurity
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-RestoreFactoryDefault
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-SecureBootEnforce
d719b2cb-3d3a-4596-a3bc-dad00e67656f-dbx
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-certdb
ad3dd830-54c9-4335-be28-cdca33618713-FilterBootOrderSupport
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HMUTD
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-AdministerSecureBoot
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-SecureBoot
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-SetupMode
aaf32c78-947b-439a-a180-2e144ec37792-AuthVarKeyDatabase
bb983ccf-151d-40e1-a07b-4a17be168292-MemoryOverwriteRequestControlLock
4c19049f-4137-4dd3-9c10-8b97a83ffdfa-MemoryTypeInformation
a04a27f4-df00-4d42-b552-39511302113d-Setup
5bce4c83-6a97-444b-63b4-672c014742ff-IrsiInfo
9cfa1ece-4488-49be-9a4b-e9b511826577-SSRAMBASE
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-BootCurrent
39473de5-df3b-49a1-9fa6-41b35b36fa39-DynamicBar
39473de5-df3b-49a1-9fa6-41b35b36fa39-FixedBar
30fef3a5-ba29-4767-9f11-7c7fd606ffa6-HSBD
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ErrOutDev
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConInDev
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-ConOutCandidateDev
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOutDev
59d1c24f-50f1-401a-b101-f33e0daed443-ConInCandidateDev
19ad5244-fd6b-4e5c-826a-414646d6da6a-PlatformInfo
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-PlatformLangCodes
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-LangCodes
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-VendorKeys
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-SignatureSupport
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-OsIndicationsSupportedOffline
I had been checking that the system really is in uEFI mode. It is.
Not sure how to help with this one.
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
Maybe there is an alternative to GRUB? I used Clover to boot since this problem, but it's slow. Which bootloader could I use?
Offline
Offline
Pages: 1