You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-27 22:20:37

lukyky414

[SOLVED] Unable to switch activity with shortcut

Hello,

I am using Plasma & KDE.
I switch using Activity instead of Virtual Desktops mostly because of the different background, desktop location and some more stuff.

After an update, I cannot use shortcut to switch between activities anymore. I first had Ctrl+Meta+f1..4 to switch on one of my 4 activities. This doesn't work anymore, and on the terminal (only terminal, not just any text input windows) it print 'P' for f1, 'Q' for f2, 'R' and 'S' for f3 & f4.
I tried to change the shortcut, it still doesn't work (but print nothing in the terminal). I tried regular shortcut without the Meta key but no result.

I am still able to switch between activities with the Meta+Q shortcut which bring the side bar with all the activities listed, and the Meta+Tab shortcut to switch with the last opened activity.

Where could be the source of this problem? I have some problems with the kernel (mostly the touch-pad), could it be from there? From plasma or KDE? Which package manage activities?

Also: all the shortcut assignment in the settings are a bit buggy, I can't change it from System Settings > Workspace Behavior > Activities, but I can from System Settings > Shortcuts > Global Shortcuts > Activity Manager.

Should I reset the Activity Manager? And how? I don't think deleting and re-creating Activity could solve the problem.

Last edited by lukyky414 (2020-01-06 17:41:05)

#2 2020-01-06 17:40:54

lukyky414

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to switch activity with shortcut

My suspicions about the kernel was right. I am now on 5.4.8.arch-1 and my shortcuts works again.

Board footer