You are not logged in.
I've got a situation (not totally major) that I'm not sure how to proceed with. So I have a Thinkpad USB docking station and on top of that I have a USB dock (adds more USB ports). Currently the way I have this setup is that my thinkpad docking station (connected via thunderbolt3 to my Thinkpad T490) is currently connected to my monitors (DP and HDMI) and it is also connected to the USB dock to add more USB ports. And connected to the USB dock, I have my mouse, keyboard, bluetooth dongle, and the ODAC. The reason I have this setup is because the USB dock was originally for my windows machine (and still is). But it's nice to able to simply connect or disconnect the usb dock from the Thinkpad docking station. Now, I know this setup works because my mouse and keyboard both work. But the ODAC doesn't seem to output any audio. Also, it doesn't matter if I move the ODAC to plug directly into the Thinkpad docking station; the result is the same. The only way it seems to work is if I plug the ODAC directly into my thinkpads USB port. Now this is fine, but inconvenient since I have to take up a USB port and unplug/plug the ODAC every time I switch from windows to linux (since they're different computers). Also, pavucontrol and alsa-mixer seem to both detect the ODAC when it is plugged in either of the 3 options (docking station, usb dock, or directly in the thinkpads usb port) but doesn't actually output anything unless it's connected to option 3; the thinkpads usb port.
Has anyone run into this problem? Or know where to look for solutions?
Offline