You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-29 22:31:01

TheDevKiller
Member
Registered: 2019-08-20
Posts: 19

HiDPI scaling: weird font

Hey! I just bought a Dell G5 5587 which is awesome but this laptop has a 1920x1080 HiDPI display.

I read some topics about it and didn't found anything satisfying but scaling. (I'm using XFCE). Scaling seems awesome because it makes all softwares work even if they are not made for HiDPI displays. Anyway

I followed this
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=159064
To use a scale factor without blurring my screen
I use a scale factor of 0.8333333333333334
1920 -> 1600
1080 -> 900

https://i.imgur.com/Tt2ecrT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/w5IqK4J.jpg

This is a little bit hard to see but for example on the second image the "T" and the "m" of "Terminal" are larger than the other characters. When I take a screenshot there is no problem with the font

So what should I do ? Should I take another DE ? Should I change my resolution and keep my screen a bit blurry ? Can I solve this problem of the text, and if so, how?


moderator edit -- replaced oversized images with links.
Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2019-12-29 23:05:41)

Offline

#2 2020-01-18 14:14:09

TheDevKiller
Member
Registered: 2019-08-20
Posts: 19

Re: HiDPI scaling: weird font

Now I use GNOME with what I read on the HiDPI page, it's not the best but it works well so I think I'll continue with this

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB