You are not logged in.
Hey all. I've ran into this problem and I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. I've come across similar threads and attempted the advice given but to no avail. I've really only noticed this when I try to open emacs. This started happening after I uninstalled emacs by running
sudo pacman -Rs emacsThen, later attempted to install it again by running via pacman. However, it gave me error telling me that certain files already existed. So somehow, the previous uninstall didn't completely go as expected and I had no idea. So then I followed some other threads which lead me to delete the conflicted files. In hindsight, I should have moved the files somewhere else instead of deleting them.. But here we are. And now, when I try to run emacs I get the following error:
emacs: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryAnd further research on the forums led me to attempt the following things;
1. Run sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib which yields the following output
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-core.so.0.4.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI.so.back is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16HDRI.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI.so.6.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n.so.0.4.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-flt.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16HDRI.so.8.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI.so.6.bak is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-gui.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-flt.so.0.4.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-gui.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-core.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16HDRI.so.8 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-flt.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-gui.so.0.4.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.6.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n-core.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libm17n.so is empty, not checked.2. grep warnings with pacman -Qkk | grep warning which lead me to then try to fix some of the errors by reinstalling some packages. I don't know if this information is meaningful, but here is the output of the warnings now
warning: cups: /etc/cups/classes.conf (Permissions mismatch)
warning: cups: /etc/cups/printers.conf (Permissions mismatch)
warning: cups: /etc/cups/subscriptions.conf (Permissions mismatch)
warning: intel-ucode: /boot/intel-ucode.img (Permissions mismatch)
warning: java-runtime-common: /usr/lib/jvm/default (Symlink path mismatch)
warning: java-runtime-common: /usr/lib/jvm/default (Modification time mismatch)
warning: java-runtime-common: /usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime (Symlink path mismatch)
warning: java-runtime-common: /usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime (Modification time mismatch)
error: error while reading file /var/lib/pacman/local/libmagick6-6.9.10.80-1/mtree: Unrecognized archive format
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.alias (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.alias.bin (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.builtin.bin (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.dep (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.dep.bin (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.devname (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.softdep (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.symbols (Modification time mismatch)
warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.4.6-arch3-1/modules.symbols.bin (Modification time mismatch)
error: error while reading file /var/lib/pacman/local/m17n-db-1.8.0-2/mtree: Unrecognized archive format
error: error while reading file /var/lib/pacman/local/m17n-lib-1.8.0-6/mtree: Unrecognized archive format
warning: shadow: /usr/bin/newgidmap (Permissions mismatch)
warning: shadow: /usr/bin/newuidmap (Permissions mismatch)3. run pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq) to update everything. However, this returns an error telling me the files already exist in the filesystem (too many to print here). Even the --overwrite directive doesn't really help.
But ultimately, nothing has gotten me closer to figuring this out. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by vanrael (2020-01-01 08:32:10)
Offline
3. run pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq) to update everything. However, this returns an error telling me the files already exist in the filesystem (too many to print here). Even the --overwrite directive doesn't really help.
Were any packages reinstalled?
Offline
vanrael wrote:3. run pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq) to update everything. However, this returns an error telling me the files already exist in the filesystem (too many to print here). Even the --overwrite directive doesn't really help.
Were any packages reinstalled?
None were reinstalled. Here is a gist where all the output can be found.
EDIT:
Also, just want to say that I ran this command with sudo and with --overwrite and the result is all the same.
Last edited by vanrael (2019-12-31 22:52:45)
Offline
Does the following allow you to reinstall m17n-db?
pacman -S m17n-db --overwite='/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'Offline
Does the following allow you to reinstall m17n-db?
pacman -S m17n-db --overwite='/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'
I tried running it but it returns the following as output
pacman: unrecognized option '--overwite=/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'Offline
yeah, he screwed up the syntax. man page should make it obvious
Offline
I managed to fix the issue but I didn't end up doing the --overwrite method. I instead ended up recompiling emacs from source since this way appears to overwrite all files anyway. The instructions were quite simple and can be found here.
Offline
--overwrite instead of --overwite
pacman -S m17n-db --overwrite='/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'Offline
--overwrite instead of --overwite
pacman -S m17n-db --overwrite='/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'
I want to add (if anyone else comes across this post with the same problem) that I did indeed run
pacman -S m17n-lib --overwrite='/usr/bin/m17n-db,/usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/m17n-db.mo,/usr/share/m17n/*,/usr/bin/m17n*,/usr/include/m17n*,/usr/lib/libm17n*,/usr/lib/m17n/1.0/*,/usr/lib/pkgconfig/m17n*'to fix the m17n libraries that were broken. And to fix the libMagickWand-6 dependencies I ran the following command
sudo yaourt -S libmagick6 --overwrite='*' Offline