You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I have installed arch on a disk, latter I have added another hard drive with windows. Now I am trying to boot windows with grub. I have followed wiki and I have already tried changing /etc/grub.d/40_custom by following this
According to wiki I should mount windows containing partition.
sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/windows Then I entered command to detect other systems.
sudo os-probe There was no output, if in any case there should be I am mentioning it.
lsblk output:
sda 8:0 0 465.8G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 100M 0 part
└─sda2 8:2 0 465.7G 0 part
sdb 8:16 0 477G 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 472.5G 0 part /
├─sdb2 8:18 0 4G 0 part
└─sdb3 8:19 0 449.3M 0 part sda is disk with installed windows and sdb is disk with installed arch.
Last edited by gold_r0ger (2020-01-03 13:16:19)
Offline
Could you verify if the disk UUID for your Windows partition is the same as what you have in your 40_custom?
Offline
sudo blkid /dev/sda2
/dev/sda2: UUID="525CEAB95CEA96CF" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a63ff30f-02"cat /etc/grub.d/40_custom
#!/bin/sh
menuentry "Windows 7" {
insmod ntfs
set root='(hd0,1)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 525CEAB95CEA96CF
chainloader +1
}I should also mention that in grub "windows 7" option is shown, but when I select it error occures, EFI path not found.
Last edited by gold_r0ger (2020-01-03 13:13:29)
Offline
Have you installed Arch in UEFI mode? Looks like Windows is non-UEFI so it can't be chainloaded from a UEFI bootloader.
Jin, Jîyan, Azadî
Offline
Yes, I have installed arch in UEFI mode and windows not. I will mark this thread as solved.
Offline
Pages: 1