You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-03 10:13:21

E3LDDfrK
Member
Registered: 2019-10-24
Posts: 73

[Thinkpad X390] "irq 31: nobody cared" every boot

Hi, so I got this message every time I boot the laptop:

irq 31: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)

It's a fresh install. I haven't modify anything boot-related, except perhaps the early KMS start (MODULES=(... i915 ...) in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf), because of "Xorg-server Fatal server error: (EE) AddScreen/ScreenInit".

Some relevant output:

lspci -vv outputs nothing about irq 31.

cat /proc/interrupts outputs

  31:          0          0          0          0     100000          0          0          0  IR-IO-APIC   31-fasteoi   tpm0

Some relevant threads/links:

Arch Linux forum: Index» Kernel & Hardware» irq 19: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option) 
Manjaro/Arch: Disabling IRQ #31 on Thinkpad X1 7th 
Lenovo forum: Linux on 2019 X1 Yoga 4th Gen
Red Hat Bugzilla - Bug 1770021 - TPM interrupt storm makes T490s unusable on Fedora 31
Kernel.org Bugzilla - Bug 204121 - tpm_tis - TPM interrupt not working, polling instead

Google results indicate it's a problem with 2019's Thinkpads. Disabling TPM seems to be an option. But I figure I'd ask first.

Last edited by E3LDDfrK (2020-01-03 10:14:36)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB