You are not logged in.
Dear Forum,
embarrassed to say that I made a newbie mistake and downloaded and enabled only the lightdm display manager without its dependencies after full installation of lxdm-gtk3 and all its dependencies.
I disabled the lxdm and enabled the lightdm without thinking of all the related dependency files for the lightdm.
Then I rebooted and am getting this message during boot:
[FAILED] Failed to start Light Display Manager.
See 'systemctl status lightdm.service' for details.
[ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface.
I have made reboot again on the USB stick but am not experienced enough to reset with "sudo systemctl disable lightdm" and then "sudo systemctl enable lxdm"
Can someone assist?
Thanks in advance!
Petter
Last edited by PetterEkhem (2020-01-03 16:50:28)
Offline
Can you switch to a console screen (<ctrl>+<alt>+F3)? From there you should be able to install the greeter.
If you can't do that then use this kernel command line parameter to disable the display manager:
systemd.unit=multi-user.targetJin, Jîyan, Azadî
Offline
Boot into the multi-user.target, log in as root (or your user and then use sudo) and juggle the DMs.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … _boot_into
How exactly did you "downloaded and enabled only the lightdm display manager without its dependencies"??
What distro are you using?
Offline
Thank you @Head_on_a_Stick your first sentence solved it for me, "you learn from your mistakes"
Thanks again!
Petter
Offline
Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).
Offline