You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-03 19:34:17

gdeshors
Member
Registered: 2015-01-22
Posts: 34

[solved] /var/lib/flatpak taking 2 GiB though no flatpak p. installed

Hi

My / partition regularly complains that it is full and I now have to carefully issue 'yaourt -Sc' before every update or else I run out of space before the end. I took some time to search and found only one anomaly, at least I think it is one and I'd like some advice.

I found that the directory /var/lib/flatpak/repo contains 254 directories for a total of 2 GiB, but I have no flatpak package installed. 'flatpak list' returns nothing. 'flatpak remotes' used to list 4 remotes :

➜  flatpak remotes
Name          Options
flathub       system
flathub       user
gnome         user
gnome-nightly user

I then deleted these 4 with 'flatpak remote-delete', but the space used remains the same.

I don't remember using flatpak directly, and I don't think I need it ; can I safely remove everything inside repo ? Or is there a command to clean it ? Thank you.

Last edited by gdeshors (2020-01-04 19:27:55)

Offline

#2 2020-01-04 11:30:32

Everette88
Member
Registered: 2018-02-17
Posts: 41

Re: [solved] /var/lib/flatpak taking 2 GiB though no flatpak p. installed

Just do "sudo rm -r /var/lib/flatpak" if you don't use flatpak (plus remove flatpak package). Also stop using yaourt which is abandoned for a long time. Find alternative here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AU … son_tables

Offline

#3 2020-01-04 19:30:12

gdeshors
Member
Registered: 2015-01-22
Posts: 34

Re: [solved] /var/lib/flatpak taking 2 GiB though no flatpak p. installed

Thanks for the confirmation. And also for telling me that yaourt was abandoned, I probably don't go often enough on the forums and the wiki...

Offline

#4 2020-01-05 05:01:20

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: [solved] /var/lib/flatpak taking 2 GiB though no flatpak p. installed

Everette88 wrote:

Also stop using yaourt which is abandoned for a long time. Find alternative here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AU … son_tables

If only any of those options were actually better than yaourt...


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB