You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-04 22:03:46

Flapper
Member
Registered: 2019-02-10
Posts: 46

[Solved] Using Zstandard instead of xz for package compression

As far as I can see, the paccache utility now keeps more old versions than the k that you specify. I don't have enough .zst files yet to see if it is pruning files with this extension, but it is not combining .xz and .zst in adding up the versions. Are there plans to update paccache?

Last edited by Flapper (2020-01-04 23:56:06)

Offline

#2 2020-01-04 22:37:38

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [Solved] Using Zstandard instead of xz for package compression

I can't reproduce and I am using [testing]. -k2 is my default setting for paccache and I only have two versions of installed packages in my cache.

Further, if you read the script, paccache doesn't care about the compression tool. It is searching on package name/versions.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2020-01-04 23:15:40

Flapper
Member
Registered: 2019-02-10
Posts: 46

Re: [Solved] Using Zstandard instead of xz for package compression

I'm sorry about that, you are correct.

I was using -k2 and a --ignore list, but I was missing a comma in the list. It's working fine now.

Offline

#4 2020-01-04 23:23:54

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [Solved] Using Zstandard instead of xz for package compression

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB