You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-05 13:19:39

jones
Member
Registered: 2013-03-14
Posts: 276

Monitor USB port - data passthrough not always working

I have a Dell U2414H monitor. It has a USB port on its backside which can server as a data connection or a simple power connection for a device, e.g. my smartphone. Usually, when I plug the USB cable into the port, my smartphone's battery gets loaded instantly which is fine.

However the popup dialog for the data connection on the smartphone and the device detection on my PC and subsequent listing of the device as a volume only happen occasionally. Is there a way to make the device detection work reliably/always? So far, turning off and on the display seems to be a workaround that brings the functionality to life but I rather would like it recognize the hot-plugged device automatically.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB