You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 03:34:20

ykonstant
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 21

Status of Arch Zathura package

Hello all;

I am having serious lag issues with pdf rendering on zathura; particularly
scrolling and resizing pdf and djvu files stutters tremendously.  This happens
both with mupdf and poppler backends.  All my other pdf viewers, including
mupdf, work fine without issues.  So I tried finding bug reports online, but I could not
find any.  I tried downgrading zathura, girara, etc. but it seems to depend on some
libraries linked to my tex distribution that I cannot afford to touch.  The only possible
solution would be an upgrade.

Looking for information online, I saw that the current version of zathura is 0.4.5
in pwmt.org, while the version of zathura in the Arch repos is 0.4.4 with girara 0.3.3;
I would like to know if there are any plans to upgrade to 0.4.5 in the repos, or if there
are any serious obstacles that stall this process.

Furthermore, if anybody has any idea why zathura would lag this way for all backends,
I would really appreciate any information!  Mupdf is great at rendering, but I really like
zathura's extended navigation and other features.

Thank you very much!

Offline

#2 2020-01-07 03:44:17

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Status of Arch Zathura package

Arch only packages stable release. 0.4.5, one release ahead of the arch package, was only released eighteen hours ago.

So, yes, it will get updated, in due course.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2020-01-07 03:47:44

ykonstant
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 21

Re: Status of Arch Zathura package

Ha ha!  I had no idea that the new release was so young! 
I randomly decided to look at the developer's site today, and saw the 0.4.5.  What timing!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB