You are not logged in.
HI,
Did a fresh install of Arch on /dev/sda8 and ran sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg from within Manjaro after that.
/dev/sda1@/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi:Windows Boot Manager:Windows:efi
/dev/sda8:Arch Linux:Arch:linux
Manjaro and Windows nicely stay bootable from grub but I'm still missing my Arch entry which I thought now would be available from the grub menu.
Also os-prober shows Arch...??
Any help, thanks, zachalexy
Last edited by zachalexy (2020-01-10 20:32:09)
Offline
Well, who knows what grub-mkconfig might have done? It's a horrible script, and you haven't shown logs for what it autodetected.
But I would say just stop using it altogether. grub.cfg can be ridiculously simple to write yourself, as I've documented in my WIP rewrite of the archwiki grub article, which can be viewed here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Us … figuration
Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)
Offline
Got it up and running, happy tri-booting now. Thx, regards, zachalexy
Offline
Got it up and running, happy tri-booting now. Thx, regards, zachalexy
Be sure to add [SOLVED] to your title by editing your first post.
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline