You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-09 07:32:24

likemike
Member
Registered: 2019-12-29
Posts: 54

[SOLVED] Error: This gpt partition table contains not biod boot par...

I'm attempting to create a raid 0 array to install arch on and I've ran into a couple issues. First of which comes with the error referenced in the title:

grub-install: warning: this gpt partition label contains no bios boot partition

this occurs after entering the command

grub-install --target=i386-pc /dev/sda

After encountering this error I used fdisk to add the legacy bios boot flag to the /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 partitions. After doing so I received the same error and found out that it might have been that /etc/fstab needed to be updated so I ran mount -av which I think completed that but the error still persisted.

Last edited by likemike (2020-01-09 18:09:48)

Offline

#2 2020-01-09 08:14:46

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: [SOLVED] Error: This gpt partition table contains not biod boot par...

GRUB on GPT on BIOS requires a small partition specific to GRUB. It has nothing to do with the legacy bios boot flag or anything like that. It's well covered on the GRUB wiki page.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB