You are not logged in.
Hello everyone,
I am almost done setting up my Raid 0 installation I just need to know how to "Point the root parameter to the mapped device" The parameter I need to set is:
root=/dev/md/zeroThe other thing I'm not sure how to do is provide this kernel parameter:
raid0.default_layout=2I've tried researching and reading on the wiki how to do these things but it is beyond my understanding and I don't want to mess things up with this again.
Thank you
-likemike
P.S. I tried doing the second thing I listed by entering
echo 2 > /sys/module/raid0/parameters/default_layoutI don't think this is right for arch linux and so I was wondering whether I should delete this file. It is read only so how would I go about doing this if I have to? chmod?
Last edited by likemike (2020-01-10 09:36:13)
Offline
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_parameters
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … le_options
Could you - instead of randomly doing bits and pieces and creating new threads out of context for every single thing you assume you need to do - write up concisely were your system is at, which instructions you are following to set this up and post all the files you've adjusted? It's likely to be much more fruitful, unless you are absolutely certain that this is the last road block.
Also you actually have somewhat of a grasp on what you want to set, had you simply searched the wiki first before doing a post you wouldn't have needed to do a post. Please search the wiki first before asking basic questions like these.
Last edited by V1del (2020-01-10 09:46:25)
Offline
Thanks for the advice I did actually previously read the first link you provided I just wasn't sure how to interpret it. I'm assuming I need put it into the drop in file so maybe run echo root=/dev/md/zero > /etc/sysctl.d but that's just what I came up with from reading that page.
I will look into the second link you provided to find out what module_name I need to use and get back to you
Also if doing these things doesn't end up working then I will post a detailed list of the steps I'm taking to give a better idea of what I'm working with
Thanks
Last edited by likemike (2020-01-10 10:20:00)
Offline
No, the second link is for your second problem, the first for your first problem. You can't add root to a file on your root file system. That option is largely relevant for your boot loader to identify the root partition it should boot from, read the section for the boot loader you've chosen.
Offline