You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-10 18:21:22

theparacleteshammer
Member
Registered: 2019-12-24
Posts: 22

What is Asar?

I got a desire to start cataloging all of the packages I have installed since loading Arch on my box, in order to familiarize myself with each package and what it does.

I was reading up on Asar, and the official repos and Git repos have differing information.

Further, the official short description from the Community Repo seems a bit unclear.

Per https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/asar/ , it reads:

"Creating Electron app packages"

And the Aur Git page sez:

"SNES assembler for applying patches to existing ROMs or creating new ROMs from scratch."

Granted, asar-git and asar could be two different things, but either way, both seem a touch unclear.

Would someone mind explaining to me what they both are and/or what they do?

I appreciate it.

Last edited by theparacleteshammer (2020-01-10 18:21:57)

Offline

#2 2020-01-10 18:27:44

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: The Wirral
Registered: 2014-02-20
Posts: 9,003
Website

Re: What is Asar?

Check the respective homepages, they are different projects.


Jin, Jîyan, Azadî

Offline

#3 2020-01-10 18:29:32

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,673
Website

Re: What is Asar?


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB