You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-11 18:14:24

zachalexy
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2020-01-08
Posts: 52

[SOLVED] Use packages from AUR and keep being stable?

Hi,

I installed (next to Chrome and Spotify) an "older" package from AUR which I always use for streaming all sound output to a dated Hifi-system:

pacman -Qm shows:

pulseaudio-dlna-python3-git 0.5.2.r152.gb0db813-1
python-casttube 0.2.0-2
python-notify2 0.3.1-2
python-pychromecast 4.1.0-1

What is the best way to prevent future breakage with these AUR-packages installed? I want to keep a stable Arch and use AUR...

Thx again, zachalexy

Last edited by zachalexy (2020-01-12 07:09:29)

Offline

#2 2020-01-11 20:17:34

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op
From: The intertubes
Registered: 2004-11-07
Posts: 4,097

Re: [SOLVED] Use packages from AUR and keep being stable?

Think before you upgrade, rebuild the aur packages as needed.


Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB