You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-13 15:58:11

RobbinDG
Member
Registered: 2020-01-13
Posts: 2

Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

I've been happily using arch for years now but I never before encountered this. I am working with .NET and related packages, and I noticed I was using an outdated version, 2.2. I thought this was odd as I recently installed it. The package repo for the sdk (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/comm … otnet-sdk/) tells me the current version is 3.1.0. Yet, when I run

sudo pacman -Ss dotnet

it returns all the packages in version 2.2.

dotnet --version

also returns 2.2. I have updated all my packages, refreshed the package repo and rebooted, none seemed to help. Is there something I am missing?

Last edited by RobbinDG (2020-01-13 15:58:32)

Offline

#2 2020-01-13 16:01:12

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

If you have indeed updated the databases (e.g., pacman -Syu) then you have a broken mirror.  Pick better mirror(s).

EDIT: but which packages are you actually using?  There are 2.2 packages in the repo as well.

Last edited by Trilby (2020-01-13 16:02:15)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#3 2020-01-13 16:02:45

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,074

Re: Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

pacman -Qs dotnet

Offline

#4 2020-01-15 10:49:14

RobbinDG
Member
Registered: 2020-01-13
Posts: 2

Re: Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

Ill try to answer you both at once.

$ sudo pacman -Qs dotnet
[sudo] password for *******:
local/dotnet-host 2.2.6+108-1
    A generic driver for the .NET Core Command Line Interface
local/dotnet-runtime 2.2.6+108-1
    The .NET Core runtime
local/dotnet-sdk 2.2.6+108-1
    The .NET Core SDK

These are the packages I need, but I need them in 3.x.x version. According to the link I sent, the repo has them in version 3.1.0 already.
Remarkably, I had run

 sudo pacman -Syu

before posting here (as I think is commonly done). Oddly enough, they did show up in the update. With this mornings update, they were actually included. According to the repo, 3.1 was available even before the starting of 2020, so Im not sure why they didn't show up before. Thanks for the help both of you regardless big_smile

Offline

#5 2020-01-15 11:20:53

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm … 134e7e13ae

They were in testing until a few hours prior to your post.

Offline

#6 2020-01-15 14:49:22

eschwartz
Fellow
Registered: 2014-08-08
Posts: 4,097

Re: Pacman package list outdated wrt online repo

RobbinDG,

There is no need to run "sudo pacman -Qs" since the -Q option does not require root permissions. Only modifying the database e.g. by installing/removing packages or changing their install reason requires root.


Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB