You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-15 14:58:34

Shrek
Member
Registered: 2019-06-24
Posts: 29

Plasma settings manager freezes when changing gtk settings

Hello everyone, I am posting because I have an issue with the plasma desktop manager.
As I want to set a uniform look of gtk and qt applications,  I decided to change my gtk settings from the plasma system settings to match the already set qt theme and fonts but when saving, the settings manager freezes.
Here is the output:

 (systemsettings5:23117): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 15:54:05.853: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'

(systemsettings5:23117): GLib-CRITICAL **: 15:54:05.853: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(systemsettings5:23117): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 15:54:05.854: g_object_new_with_properties: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

is this a known issue ?

Additional info :
Kernel : 5.4.10-zen1-1-zen
Plasma : 5.17.5
Qt version : 5.14
kde framwork : 5.65

I hope this is enough to troobleshoot the issue
Thanks a lot !

Offline

#2 2020-01-15 15:19:44

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: Plasma settings manager freezes when changing gtk settings

In your efforts to troubleshoot this issue, where you able to find anything?

It would be a shame if folks where to waste time on things that you already tried.

Offline

#3 2020-01-15 15:21:26

Shrek
Member
Registered: 2019-06-24
Posts: 29

Re: Plasma settings manager freezes when changing gtk settings

Zod wrote:

In your efforts to troubleshoot this issue, where you able to find anything?

It would be a shame if folks where to waste time on things that you already tried.

I triedgoogling the issue but there wasn't any fix or information I could use.
Some people said that they have the same problem but they didn't found a solution.
I'm  still looking for a fix.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB