You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-15 18:00:38

theparacleteshammer
Member
Registered: 2019-12-24
Posts: 22

USB Bootup Questions

So, just curious about a principle of dealing with the USB install.

I have wanted to ask a question. When I see the usual list of testing items at bootup of a USB installer, I notice a line that seems curious.

It reads:

[FAILED] Failed to start Store a System Token in an EFI Variable.

I have seen several posts pertaining to this, and I didn’t know if they were specifically pertinent to the bootup or not.

1)  Is this something to worry about from the perspective of it precluding a healthy install?

Offline

#2 2020-01-15 19:07:34

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,402

Re: USB Bootup Questions

No, in the worst case this means that your EFI doesn't allow custom entries (from other sources than itself, hopefully) in which case you will have to scourge your BIOS/UEFI for ways to set an entry for your bootloader/kernel or opt for setting up the fallback path of esp\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI .

Without knowing which model of system you are trying to do this on we can't say more.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB