You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-19 21:34:02

Vectorlocity
Member
Registered: 2018-04-15
Posts: 132

Xid 56 errors and game freezes

When I play CS:GO my game can suddenly freeze for up to a minute and when I check the journals, I see this:

Jan 19 20:43:21 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
Jan 19 20:43:37 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
Jan 19 20:43:37 Kevin-B350MA guake.desktop[1035]: Showing the terminal
Jan 19 20:43:42 Kevin-B350MA /usr/lib/gdm-x-session[716]: (WW) NVIDIA: Wait for channel idle timed out.
Jan 19 20:43:42 Kevin-B350MA guake.desktop[1035]: Hiding the terminal
Jan 19 20:43:47 Kevin-B350MA guake.desktop[1035]: Showing the terminal
Jan 19 20:43:48 Kevin-B350MA gnome-shell[766]: pushModal: invocation of begin_modal failed

According to NVIDIA documentation the Xid 56 errors are related to either hardware or driver problems. I have also gotten Xid 69 and one other I can't remember except that I know that it was a driver only error.
How should I fix this? Googling only returns NVIDIA documentation, which is useless since all my Xid errors aren't on the "common errors" list.

This did start happening spontaneously. The only possible thing that I have done before that may have triggered this is yay -Syu (pacman -Syu but including aur packages).

EDIT: On the NVIDIA documentation Xid errors 56 and 69 seem to point to display engine error (Xid 56) and graphics engine class error (Xid 69). Exactly how I fix this I still don't know.
EDIT 2: Trawled my dmesg:

[24891.116594] NVRM: GPU at PCI:0000:08:00: GPU-db744a51-3e20-f7ab-4c84-802a07efd263
[24891.116597] NVRM: GPU Board Serial Number: 
[24891.116600] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 32, pid=480, Channel ID 0000004b intr 00040000
[24891.116809] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 32, pid=17700, Channel ID 0000004b intr 00040000
[24893.245980] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
[24909.386389] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
[24925.503152] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
[24941.792313] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
[24957.917787] NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=17700, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
[28082.357249] chrome[26139]: segfault at 1 ip 00007fe2540295d5 sp 00007fff0f1af750 error 6 in gameoverlayrenderer.so[7fe25401f000+37000]

Xid 32 points to a "invalid or corrupted push buffer stream", and NVIDIA says it is caused by either a driver error, system memory corruption, bus error, thermal problems or an "FB corruption". No clue what an "FB corruption" is.
Another journal log from previous boot -

Jan 17 22:46:10 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 69, pid=473, Class Error: ChId 0053, Class 0000c197, Offset 0000192c, Data 00000005, ErrorCode 0000000c
Jan 18 11:40:24 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 69, pid=489, Class Error: ChId 004b, Class 0000c197, Offset 00001614, Data 00000004, ErrorCode 0000000c
Jan 18 11:40:27 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=189344, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
Jan 18 11:40:43 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=189344, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034
Jan 18 22:31:40 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 69, pid=222118, Class Error: ChId 004b, Class 0000c197, Offset 00001944, Data 00000005, ErrorCode 0000000c
Jan 18 22:31:42 Kevin-B350MA kernel: NVRM: Xid (PCI:0000:08:00): 56, pid=222118, CMDre 00000001 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000034

Last edited by Vectorlocity (2020-01-20 16:36:08)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB