You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-26 07:09:57

sundar_ima

Video not playing in webbrower(s) and desktop applications

Using Arch Kde with latest up to date packages. I have noticed an issue since last few days that my firefox wont play youtube video properly. When I say properly, it means that it only plays 2-3 videos after I logged in to system. Thereafter, it would indicate that "if video not playing, reboot your system". It is not restricted just YouTube. I have tried it on other vide sites but the issue remain same. Once it happens then I have to reboot the system as logout and longin wont help. Once firefox complain about the video playback, I cant even play video mpv as well. However, I can play same video on vlc.

On a sideline note, I have noticed the same issue on Ubuntu 19.10 as well. However, it is not the same case with windows 10.

Can some one help me in this issue?

#2 2020-01-26 11:27:39

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Video not playing in webbrower(s) and desktop applications

Needs more actable information. post terminal outputs of broken applications and dmesgs/journal logs while the error occurs. Which environment, which graphics card, which acceleration options etc.?

#3 2020-01-26 13:28:12

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Video not playing in webbrower(s) and desktop applications

Sounds like there could be lingering processes preventing further playback .

I encounter similar behaviour with vlc sometimes and can solve it by manually killing the troublesome process .

Get this to happen, then run ps -aux and post the output .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer