You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-26 10:37:33

joanmanel

solved Wifi doesnt work since last system update

So basically I woke up, and I decided to do a system update. Before this system update, just 40 minutes ago or so, everything was fine.

I use a wifi dongle, called TP-Link TL WN823N RTL8192EU. As its drivers I have the package 8192eu-dkms. As said, everything was working fine. After the system update, it says:

"Connection Failed. Activation connection failed"

It finds the different wifi networks around, but I cant connect to mines (It works fine because I can connect from the phone or from my laptop).

Packages the system update installed:

alsa-utils, dbus, bolt, p11-kit, ca-certificates, ca--certificates-tils, ca-certificates-mozilla. python, nss, libsecret, calibre-common, python2-six, calibre, dhclient, gspell, openal, serd, sord, sratom, lilv, lv2, qt5-wayland, gst-plugin-good, gst-plugins-bad, lib32,dbus, lib32-p11-kit, lib32-nss, libuv, linux, linux-headers, mutter, nvidia, pkcs11-helper, python-six, python-cairo, wpa_suplicant

I have downgraded linux, linux-headers, nvidia and wpa_supplicant to my last previous working version, but I am having the same errors.

Then I downgraded p11-kit, nss, and the ca-certificates, same, no wifi.

Same with libsecret and dhclient.

This is a desktop computer that I cannot connect through wire because the router is on another floor. I don't really know what to do.

It is working now. 1 of the downgrades did the trick

Last edited by joanmanel (2020-01-26 10:48:31)

Board footer