You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-29 22:02:23

T3STY

Nautilus, mouse clicks jump everywhere in the window

Hi, I am having this strange issue with the nautilus file manager.

Whenever there are more than 2-3 rows of items displayed in the window, any mouse click action will make the selection jump anywhere else, mostly towards the top of the rows.
I have made a screen recording of this since I am not sure how to properly explain this issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UL4uGi … FUBCD/view
I didn't know where to upload it, so for convenience, I have used my google drive account.

My installation is running a Sony Vaio SVE151D11M laptop.
The issue happens both with a mouse and the integrated trackpad.
In the screen recording, at the beginning, you can see that with 2 rows of items nautilus behaves correctly, the selection remains where I click/drag. Towards the end of the video you can also notice that changing the selection via keyboard arrows also works correctly.
I am using a different gtk theme (it's Flat-Remix-GTK-Green-Darker-Solid), but switching to Adwaita or the high-contrast theme doesn't change anything.

Does anyone have any idea why am I having these issues ?

Arch is updated to the latest kernel and packages versions, gnome is running at version 3.34.2.
I have installed Arch a year ago, and I had the same issues then. I had switched to another file manager app at the time, but I wanted the simplicity of nautilus back.
I can use a terminal and provide you with outputs if you need, just let me know what commands to run.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by T3STY (2020-01-29 22:06:23)

#2 2020-02-03 21:53:35

T3STY

Re: Nautilus, mouse clicks jump everywhere in the window

It seems like this issue isn't that common... I still didn't find a solution.
As a workaround, I have switched to the nemo file manager, which doesn't add many dependencies over nautilus. But I am still interested in a solution to my original issue, so if anybody has one, let me know.

Board footer