You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-01 19:32:55

DeletedUser2111042
Banned
Registered: 2020-02-01
Posts: 5

WiFi doesn't automatically connect upon boot

But it attempts to connect. When I login, it attempts to connect, but fails. I have to manually connect to it for it to work, but it's not that simple either. While it is connecting, I have to click disconnect then connect. If I just click connect then it will fail. In case that didn't make sense, this is the only thing I can do to connect to my WiFi network (yes, the SSID is "Your mother", don't ask): https://imgur.com/a/P5IPQKr

I am not sure what logs (if any) or anything else that would be useful to provide, but here are my systemctl statuses for NetworkManager and netcl:

Network Manager:

● NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service.d
             └─NetworkManager-ovs.conf
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-02-01 11:56:38 MST; 4min 15s ago
       Docs: man:NetworkManager(8)
   Main PID: 464 (NetworkManager)
      Tasks: 4 (limit: 19156)
     Memory: 17.5M
     CGroup: /system.slice/NetworkManager.service
             └─464 /usr/bin/NetworkManager --no-daemon

Feb 01 11:59:21 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583561.8826] Config: added 'key_mgmt' value 'WPA-PSK WPA-PSK-SHA256'
Feb 01 11:59:21 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583561.8826] Config: added 'psk' value '<hidden>'
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <warn>  [1580583587.5720] device (wlp6s0): Activation: (wifi) association took too long, failing activation
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.5721] device (wlp6s0): state change: config -> failed (reason 'ssid-not-found', sys-iface-state: 'managed')
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.5733] manager: NetworkManager state is now DISCONNECTED
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <warn>  [1580583587.5757] device (wlp6s0): Activation: failed for connection 'Your mother'
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.5759] device (wlp6s0): supplicant interface state: inactive -> disconnected
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.5766] device (wlp6s0): state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none', sys-iface-state: 'managed')
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.5793] device (wlp6s0): set-hw-addr: set MAC address to 32:6C:B6:4B:7A:B7 (scanning)
Feb 01 11:59:47 archlinux NetworkManager[464]: <info>  [1580583587.6661] device (wlp6s0): supplicant interface state: disconnected -> inactive

netctl:

● netctl.service - (Re)store the netctl profile state
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/netctl.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: active (exited) since Sat 2020-02-01 11:56:54 MST; 3min 5s ago
       Docs: man:netctl.special(7)
    Process: 971 ExecStart=/usr/bin/netctl restore (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 971 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 01 11:56:54 archlinux systemd[1]: Starting (Re)store the netctl profile state...
Feb 01 11:56:54 archlinux systemd[1]: Started (Re)store the netctl profile state.

If I need to provide anything else, I will be glad to do so. Thank you

Offline

#2 2020-02-01 19:39:12

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: WiFi doesn't automatically connect upon boot

Why do you have NetworkManager and netctl enabled?

Read the note in the blue box...
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … k_managers


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#3 2020-02-01 19:42:16

DeletedUser2111042
Banned
Registered: 2020-02-01
Posts: 5

Re: WiFi doesn't automatically connect upon boot

Slithery wrote:

Why do you have NetworkManager and netctl enabled?

Read the note in the blue box...
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … k_managers

My bad, I didn't realize that you weren't supposed to do that. I enabled netctl to see if I could have it automatically connect to my network, since Network Manager wasn't working. It clearly didn't work haha. I will disable it, thank you for letting me know.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB