You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-03 02:13:23

Linux-Is-Best
Member
Registered: 2019-11-29
Posts: 19

A few small things in user xsession-errors

I am fairly sure I can ignore this. But my OCD just demands I post the fact that /home/user/ outputs a small .xsession-errors file (see below).  In an effort to figure out what is starting with my login I ran a simple ls /etc/xdg/autostart of which the output can be found below.  I also double-checked ls ~/.config/autostart which outputted nothing.  Finally, making sure everything else is OK I double-checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log and /var/log/lightdm/ lightdm.log and seat0-greeter.log and x-0.log (all the same path). Everything looked OK to me (I can share them if needed). The reason for all this is I'm assuming something at startup is fishy but I cannot target what.

The obvious answer is the warning telling me xfce4-session-archbaby2020:0 is missing when it is not.  I changed the permissions on /home/zelda/ and all folders below to 0777 (I know, overkill).  At this point, I would presume that error would go away but it has not.

.xsession-errors

/usr/bin/iceauth:  creating new authority file /run/user/1000/ICEauthority
gpg-agent[514]: WARNING: "--write-env-file" is an obsolete option - it has no effect
gpg-agent: a gpg-agent is already running - not starting a new one

(xfce4-session:458): xfce4-session-WARNING **: 20:49:01.346: gpg-agent returned no PID in the variables

(xfce4-session:458): xfce4-session-WARNING **: 20:49:01.361: xfsm_manager_load_session: Something wrong with /home/zelda/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-archbaby2020:0, Does it exist? Permissions issue?

(wrapper-2.0:540): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 20:49:03.181: g_file_new_for_path: assertion 'path != NULL' failed

(wrapper-2.0:540): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 20:49:03.182: g_file_monitor_file: assertion 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed

(wrapper-2.0:540): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 20:49:03.182: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(wrapper-2.0:540): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:49:03.182: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(wrapper-2.0:540): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:49:03.182: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkToggleButton to a container of type XfcePanelPlugin, but the widget is already inside a container of type XfcePanelPlugin, please remove the widget from its existing container first.

(wrapper-2.0:541): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:49:06.572: Negative content width -1 (allocation 1, extents 1x1) while allocating gadget (node button, owner XfceArrowButton)

(wrapper-2.0:539): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:49:06.579: Negative content width -3 (allocation 1, extents 2x2) while allocating gadget (node button, owner PulseaudioButton)

(wrapper-2.0:540): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:49:06.603: Negative content width -3 (allocation 1, extents 2x2) while allocating gadget (node button, owner GtkToggleButton)

ls /etc/xdg/autostart

at-spi-dbus-bus.desktop                         cinnamon-settings-daemon-housekeeping.desktop         cinnamon-settings-daemon-wacom.desktop
caribou-autostart.desktop                       cinnamon-settings-daemon-keyboard.desktop             cinnamon-settings-daemon-xrandr.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-a11y-keyboard.desktop  cinnamon-settings-daemon-media-keys.desktop           cinnamon-settings-daemon-xsettings.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-a11y-settings.desktop  cinnamon-settings-daemon-mouse.desktop                nm-applet.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-automount.desktop      cinnamon-settings-daemon-orientation.desktop          print-applet.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-background.desktop     cinnamon-settings-daemon-power.desktop                pulseaudio.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-clipboard.desktop      cinnamon-settings-daemon-print-notifications.desktop  xfce-polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-color.desktop          cinnamon-settings-daemon-smartcard.desktop            xfsettingsd.desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-cursor.desktop         cinnamon-settings-daemon-sound.desktop

* Please be as detail as possible in your replies. As if you were speaking with a child.
* It is hard for me to understand sarcasm on the internet. Please try to avoid it.
* I rarely check PMs (personal messages).  If you want my attention please quote me.
* Please remember that experiences differ and opinions are not facts. - Thank you.

Offline

#2 2020-02-03 08:45:50

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Online

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB