You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-12 21:27:33

relativity_phase
Member
Registered: 2020-02-12
Posts: 2

Very weird issues with DisplayPort

I am encountering some very weird behaviors when I connect my PC to my monitor via DP.

When the PC is connected via HDMI during boot, it boots and behaves normally.

When it is connected via DP, it does not boot. The screen stays black, except for sometimes, when I see a blinking cursor for a split second. Also, the keyboard and mouse's LED's turn on and off multiple times.

Now what I find pretty weird:
My monitor has an HDMI and a DP input. When I connect my GPU to both, the PC boots up normally again.
So for now, my fix is to just keep both connected and run in single monitor mode.
But nonetheless I wonder what is going on.

I tried using the latest nvidia package, as well as the nvidia-beta package, which I am using right now.

If anybody happens to have an idea of what might cause these issues, then please let your wisdom shine upon me. best regards

Offline

#2 2020-02-13 01:08:29

twelveeighty
Member
Registered: 2011-09-04
Posts: 1,456

Re: Very weird issues with DisplayPort

Logs? Error Messages? Anything?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB