You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-23 02:41:54

barcazama
Member
Registered: 2020-02-20
Posts: 8

[SOLVED] Network manager, unable to import vpn config file

Hi,
I'm trying to setup a VPN by importing it in the Network Manager in gnome.

I have installed the listed package on the openvpn wiki page.

I have that output when trying to import:
"The file could not be read or does not recognized VPN connection information"

It work when I run it in the terminal: sudo openvpn FileName.ovpn

Looking around, I found out that some distribution output that error because the package network-manager-openvpn-gnome is needed but it's not available in the arch repo so I guess it's not needed in Arch?

Any idea how I could proceed to find the problem?

Thank you for your time

Last edited by barcazama (2020-02-23 05:58:45)

Offline

#2 2020-02-23 02:58:23

Ropid
Member
Registered: 2015-03-09
Posts: 1,069

Re: [SOLVED] Network manager, unable to import vpn config file

There is a package named "networkmanager-openvpn". Perhaps try installing that one and see what happens.

I found that package by running "pacman -Ss openvpn" and looking through the output.

Offline

#3 2020-02-23 05:57:59

barcazama
Member
Registered: 2020-02-20
Posts: 8

Re: [SOLVED] Network manager, unable to import vpn config file

Thank you! I was sure I had it installed. Sorry for that

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB