You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-23 12:15:42

gulatihardik10
Member
Registered: 2020-01-14
Posts: 67

[SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

Hello,

I want to add an asterisk sign when adding password in terminal.
I searched on internet about this and it is done by adding pwfeedback after below code

Defaults env_reset

I doesn't find any line like that in sudoers file.
It only contains root all and user all line and all others are commented out.

Using kde konsole to access terminal with visudo command to open file.
Any explanation will be important.

Thankyou

Last edited by gulatihardik10 (2020-02-23 16:01:21)

Offline

#2 2020-02-23 12:40:59

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,021

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

What is "adding password in terminal"? sudo? getty login?

This sound slike sudo:

I doesn't find any line like that in sudoers file.

And in that case, yeah… maybe just add one??

Offline

#3 2020-02-23 15:08:38

gulatihardik10
Member
Registered: 2020-01-14
Posts: 67

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

I wanted to show some sign that password is typing like the asterisk signs, read full line.
Wanted to improve the user interface by this.
I think its not like adding all the lines, it is like environment variables and it might need more than just

add one

.
Thanks for your reply

Offline

#4 2020-02-23 15:33:09

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,021

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

I wanted to show some sign that password is typing like the asterisk signs

That does still not explicitly name the context. I'm just guessing it's about sudo from your other comments.

No.
For sudo it *is* literally and simply:

add one

You need "pwfeedback" in the Defaults and adding a line

Defaults env_reset,pwfeedback

to sudoers will provide exact that…

Offline

#5 2020-02-23 15:44:22

gulatihardik10
Member
Registered: 2020-01-14
Posts: 67

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

I doesn't have that line in my sudoers file.

root ALL=(ALL) ALL

everything else is commented out and still doesn't have defaults line.
Is I have to add full line anywhere in the sudoers file.

Offline

#6 2020-02-23 15:54:45

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,021

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

Is I have to add full line anywhere in the sudoers file.

That's what I'm telling you since 4 comments, yes…
While you're at it, you might want to "man sudoers"

Offline

#7 2020-02-23 16:00:53

gulatihardik10
Member
Registered: 2020-01-14
Posts: 67

Re: [SOLVED] Not able to show password in terminal

Haha thanks I think the pwfeedback should only be added on already existing line.
Thanks for solution.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB